A Simple Guide to Instagram For Businesses
Looking for help with Instagram? You’re in the right place! We fancy ourselves one of The Best Instagram Marketing Agencies in Chicago! Instagram is a powerful Marketing Tool For Businesses & It’s one of the most popular social media platforms. From gathering insights to selling products, Instagram keeps introducing tools to help business owners succeed on the photo-sharing social media platform.
If you don’t have a Business Instagram Account now is the time to get one! With the right marketing strategy, businesses can promote products and services, boost their brand, and increase sales on Instagram. As a Chicago-Based Social Media Marketing Agency, a collective agency, Bettie Bomb works with some of the industry’s Top Social Media Experts to assist you with the right Instagram strategy for your brand.
To start off, it’s important to know and understand Instagram terminology (or for short “IG”) keywords. Here are some of the most popular.
- BioThis refers to the biography section in your profile. Businesses can also use their bio to include a call to action.
- Direct messages (DMs): Users can privately communicate with each other through direct messages. If a customer has a complaint or question, it’s best practice to chat with them via direct message to keep the conversation private. Direct messages are often referred to as DMs.
- Filters: You can apply preset filters to your photos to enhance features and colors.
- Follow: When you follow a user on Instagram, you’ll see their content in your feed. You can also view their Instagram Stories at the top of the app.
- Followers: Your followers are people who will see your pictures in their feed.
- Hashtag (#): Similar to Twitter, a hashtag on Instagram is used to index words or phrases. When you click on a hashtag, you’ll see other posts with the same one.
- Highlights: A highlight reel of your Instagram Stories appears on your profile above your photo gallery and stays until you remove it.
- Home: Tap the home button to land on your home screen, which is also your feed. Here you’ll see photos from those you follow.
- IG: IG is an abbreviation for Instagram.
- Instagram handle: Your handle is your username. To mention a user on Instagram, you need to use their handle, which always starts with the @ symbol.
- Instagram Stories: Stories is one of the most popular features on the platform. These pictures and videos disappear after 24 hours.
- Tag: There are a few ways to tag people on Instagram, including in a photo’s caption, in Instagram Stories and in photos. Use the @ symbol to tag someone in a caption or an Instagram story. You can tag someone in your photos before you post the picture.
At Bettie Bomb, we always recommend that our clients have an Instagram to complement their marketing campaign. Instagram stories are a great way to share press placements and static posts are perfect for showcasing the great visuals from your concept. Whether it’s an amazing new dish at a restaurant or a new product at a retail store, your followers on Instagram will be intrigued to learn more about what’s been posted, ultimately bringing them in or purchasing the product showcased.
Introduction to Bettie Bomb
Founded in 2005, Bettie Bomb is Chicago’s Best Social Media Marketing Agency, offering a suite of services from trusted industry partners under one creative umbrella. PR, Marketing, Social Media and beyond…we work as an extension of your team, creating personalized campaigns, building awareness and telling your story when it matters most.
We are a Female Owned Social Media Marketing Agency specializing in all things lifestyle: food, fashion, hospitality, retail, health & wellness, medical, consumer and philanthropy. Partners Rebecca Kussmann & Laura Collins work closely with businesses & organizations to target key audiences and generate exposure all under the Bettie Bomb umbrella. Work one-on-one or have us build a team. We can be BIG and we can be small…that’s the beauty of it. Small, but mighty with the ability to grow. That’s us in a nutshell.